SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Pony tail palm stump

MrBlubs
8 years ago

So I decided to make my sad succulent dish look better. I moved the Sempervivums outside to their forever home and decided to add my COT to the pot so I have all my succulents all together in one window. So I did so but decided to remove the pony palm untill I got all the COT placements down then add it back in.

Now, my Pony palm had lost alot of leaves from hail and my cat in the past so there's those leaf ends that are attached to where the trunk shoukd be. Don't know if I'm explaining this is correct as I don't know how to explain it.

I thought that I could peel of all the old leaf ends and surley there woukd be a nice trunk awaiting me. Yeah no. I Peeled and peeled then the top got wobbly and I thought good God what have a I done so I tried to see if I could just slowly place it back and pretend like nothing happend but the top just came off and left me with a bunch of leaves.

So now I have a stump.

I potted iinto a tiny plastic pot then left it out on my deck with my pineapples in full sun thinking that maybe it will sprout a new top?

Will it? Or will it just rot away slowly?

Id provide a picture but I'm to ashamed and it's 11pm here. It's just literally the stump of a pony palm. The whole trunk and growing end are gone leaving just a ball..

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus