SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

What do you think of this floral rug?

I'm moving into my new home this week and I'm trying to decide on rugs. The entire first floor is laminate so I need a rug for the living room and possibly the dining room (I have two young kids so I'm leery of having a rug under the table but I think the space needs it).

I'm going for a light, airy, English cottage feel. The walls are SW dover white with bright white trim. The kitchen has retro white appliances, soon to be painted cabinets in a antique linen color, and honed carrara counters. So kind of a vintage look as well. Some of my furniture is also vintage. I will have some blue plates that belonged to my grandmother on the wall, so I'd like some blue. The new sofa set I just purchased is a sort of gold color.

I don't know what I want in a rug yet, and so I don't want to spend that much right now. I did find these floral rugs pretty inexpensively so I am considering just getting them for now. I like the floral pattern, but will it be too much to have them in the living room (5x7) and dining (8x10)? Are they tacky, or cute in an English cottage sort of way? Everything else downstairs will be fairly simple, so I think it would look alright but I need a second opinion before I place my order. Thanks!

Comments (39)