SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty

Need help for difficult area please

Virginia Mary
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This is our first summer in our new build and I desperately need help with landscaping one tricky area. God knows why, but our builder decided to put 2 ugly meters right in the front of the house where you can see them. It was too late when we saw them placed and had to live with them. Needless to say, I am very unhappy about it.i live in northeast pa so I'd like some plants/trees that can stay green all year since winter is long but I am open to a tree that's not evergreen. I just want to block the ugly ness of the meters. I believe the meter to the right is about 6 ft high. We just put a large rock in front of the ugly well pipe that is sticking out of the ground in this area. Not even sure I like the grass and hydrangea there. They are not planted yet so I can get rid of them. I thought an Alaskan weeping cypress would look nice in the corner, but I fear it will get too big. I'd appreciate some help with this. Funny enough I brought a landscaper in and he didn't have any good ideas. He actually put a rhododendron in front of the smaller meter and it looked ridiculous. Ignore the ugly hose as it's only there temporarily and yes, the hose bib is there too! Could they put more stuff there? Also, that weeping cypress you see to the right is not planted yet. Is it nice there? I love them and got it for that corner by the meter but it didn't look good. PLEASE HELP. We have a lovely new home and those meters just ruin it. Thank you!

Comments (21)