SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njmomma_gw

Help with difficult area - pics

njmomma
12 years ago

Please feel free to direct me to a different forum for advice. As you'll see in the picture, there is a raised bed and then a gap and then the fence.

Here's what happened... before the new fence there were a few trees bordering the properties. Our neighbors happily surprised me by cutting them down but they left the stumps. Wanting to take advantage of the new sunny area I had my husband build a raised bed because we couldn't dig into the ground - many large tree roots.

Then our neighbors and I decided to buy a fence together and I assumed it would be up against the raised bed, but to make it straight it didn't work out that way.

Finally we're getting to the problem at hand... now there is an uneven and unsightly gap between the raised bed and the fence. It is about 18 inches and widens to over 24 inches in the back.

It gets about 6 hours of direct sun a day from 11-5pm.

I cannot have my husband re-do the raised bed to fit the new proportions. He killed himself hammering in steel rods to keep this one from shifting.

The additional problem is the property slope down towards the fence. There isn't enough room to add railroad ties against the fence and fill it with dirt. HELP please!

Thanks!

Here I'm holding a trellis up to take the picture. I thought I would have clematis climbing up it but the gap bothers me too much so it's just laying there.

{{gwi:251023}}

Here it is from a distance...

{{gwi:251024}}

Comments (15)