SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelbyroo

Bathroom opinions needed

shelbyroo
8 years ago

I have been reading advice on Gardenweb for so, so long - but this is my first post. Kind of neat, at least to me.

We are redoing our very small bathroom, which has a tub. The tub will be a Duravit Architec and I'm happy with that choice. The apron of the tub will not be tiled.

For the floor, we picked out New Ravenna fishscales. The color will likely be Chartreuse, which is a pretty bold green.

For the wall, we will have a soft white glass subway tile. The tile is long and narrow, not chunky. All one size.

I've attached the look I'm hoping to achieve (sort of), but the tile will be soft white and the fishscale-floor will be a bold green.

Questions:

(1) My kitchen has a deep, dark green honed granite countertop (almost black) and a mint glass backsplash (all one piece of glass). Am I silly about worrying about repeating the color green for the bathroom floor? It's our only full bathroom. I thought about a grey floor, but I love color. I cannot afford the blue stones.

(2) Will tiling the bathroom from floor to ceiling in the ENTIRE bathroom with a soft white, long subway tile end up being a huge mistake?

This is the custom vanity (it will look a bit different, this is the general idea)

My kitchen reno was so much easier...I keep second guessing my bathroom choices.

Add onto this a Toto toilet...glass shower doors...maybe a Runtal towel warmer.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio