SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

current kitchen plans need revamped for new cabinet layout

Terri_PacNW
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

buy1soon's ideas · More Info

I am enclosing a sketch of my current kitchen and a rough of our whole floor plan.

buy1soon's ideas · More Info

The refrigerator is currently behind the front door. The dishwasher is to the right of the sink. (Must empty onto counter then close and put dishes away.

We have a peninsula(keep or small 2butt island?) with uppers (that will not be replaced) and uppers on the range wall and above dishwasher. I only want uppers on range wall.

We would like to take most if not all of the closet/pantry space back to the living room wall. (Not sure how it would work if removed? And where to put fridge?) However, wE would like to gain a bit of entry space so maybe a half pony wall on the entry side with a small counter area for mixer or coffee station beside fridge? (Current pantry side)

I do need dry good storage and baking space.

Family is currently 4 + 1 but come late August it will be just 3 full time. We will be left with one teenager as #2 son and GF are off to university.

Aside from completely rearranging the floor plan. (Which is not in the budget.)

I would like a more functional work space with in the current floor plan. I do a lot of cooking and baking. Sometimes there is two in the kitchen at one time.

Comments (2)