SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrbarnard

Under counter microwaves and beverage coolers

Russ Barnard
8 years ago

Curious,

How many of you have installed under the counter microwaves or beverage coolers?

Currently, my plans have been centered around an in-the-wall oven and a microwave "combo"...one above the other, but I was thinking that if I split them up and made the oven just the right height, I could put the microwave in the island.

My concern is how hard it will be setting it etc. Right now, reading things without my glasses is almost impossible. With them, I still need to have good light and such and would bending over to set the microwave all the time be a pain in the back, literally? heh

Also, since we will have a rather large fridge/freezer (looking currently at the Frigidaire stand alone freezer and fridge with the trim kit), we decided we will probably not need a fridge in the garage, as we have always had. We would replace that with a full size extra freezer ( we have a ranch and tend to have a good store of meat collected from that so need room to keep it.)

So.. since having cold drinks is usually kept in the garage, I figured why not add a beverage cooler below the island also? Same question, are they a pain in the back or nice to have?

Thanks!

Russ

Comments (15)