SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stockergal

Summertime again

stockergal
8 years ago

Yea I think summer is here again. Time to get back to the ole grind. It's hard to when it's has been start and stop, go and hold, plant and replant. Mowed and trimmed all morning while it was cool even if the grass was damp. I will finish with the donkey pasture tomorrow and then some more trimming and I should be caught up for a few days. I have weeds this year I have never seen and the Johnson grass is in take over mode.

I am waiting for my hummers to come by have not seen one in a while. Butterflies and frogs are here in numbers, love them both. The scissor tail flycatchers are very busy with the mosqitoes thank goodness.

All of the plants are looking good, they will for a while. I'm sure the heat will work on them by the weekend. I have weeding to do in all the flower beds but it's not to bad, I'll work on this in the cool mornings and evening.

Going to,ship a couple of semi loads of feeder calves Monday then we will turn around and buy a semi or two of new cattle. Then try to,get a cutting of hay up before we start chopping corn for silage. It's about to get crazy around here. Of course this all depends on the water staying off'!!!!

I cannot believe somebody wants to do this for a living. HA HA I guess it takes all kinds.

Happy gardening everybody

Comments (26)