SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Week 61: Why did you join GW?

Texas_Gem
8 years ago

I've been thinking about this a lot this week with all the drama.

Did you join GW because you are a DIYer who wanted to get advice from other DIYers? Did you join because you could get great advice from professionals and others who had been there before?

Did you even know GW had professionals on the forum when you started?

I'll answer for myself and say that I'm a DIYer and every time I would Google a question like "how far out should my can lights be to light the counter" the top results were always GW.

Finally I decided to make an account to ask my questions directly. It was only after joining and reading for a few months that I realized there were several pro's on the boards. KDs like LWO, Holly Springs, Jakuvall and Kompy, countertop guys like Treb and Old Ryder etc and they offered an amazing perspective that I was very grateful for.

Honestly, had I known there were pro's before I joined I might not have. I would have felt too nervous to ask my questions for fear of looking stupid. Thankfully, that rarely happens. ;)

So how about you? Why did you join? Did you have any idea the vast amount of knowledge you had just stumbled on?

Comments (53)