SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Week 10 Health Check-in (anyone else want to join us?)

3katz4me
12 years ago

It's never too late in case someone else is thinking about making some changes to live a healthier lifestyle.

I have not been as good as I'd like with my exercise - only three times last week. I'm kind of limited with my problematic prosthetic leg but I also think I use that as an excuse since I don't love exercise. There's nothing stopping me from riding the stationary bike but the yoga gets a bit complicated. The weather has just started getting nice and I can't go for a walk - such a bummer. Oh well should be through this in a couple months.

I'm doing well with eating and weight control. I'm now down 1.4 below my goal - saving up for some kind of splurge when DH is home next weekend I guess.

I'd like to know what people eat that's low calorie, healthy and satisfying - what are your mainstays when you're trying to eat healthy? I've been eating a lot of brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes - very satisfying for some reason. I also eat multi-grain cheerios with blueberries pretty much every morning and a lot of oranges, grapefruit and carrots. I eat some yogurt, cheese and eggs occasionally for protein and also drink some milk. I used to drink a lot of skim milk but have cut back a bit and resorted to more calcium supplements which doesn't seem quite right. I do eat meat and fish but not much when I'm just cooking for myself.

What's happening with everyone else?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!