SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lis_sowerbutts

Argh - the layout is 90% there - I'm struggling with colours now!

Lis Sowerbutts
8 years ago

OK I think I have the kitchen design 90% there it will be a single wall kitchen with free-standing range and sink along one wall. Opposite there will be a peninsular approximately 2.5m x 1m( 98in x 39x) - which will be open to the dining room and beyond that the living room.

The appliances are a mixture of white (dw, ff) and stainless (stove). The "working" side will be a stainless bench top.

There are no overhead cabinets or high units - thanks to a walk-in pantry.

The cabinets will be laminate (Melteca) and the bench top on the island Formica. But I'm completely stuck for colours! I don't want all white - and this side of the house doesn't get a lot of sun. To make matters worse - I'd assume I could make a choice on laminate or vinyl flooring after the kitchen was installed - but apparently it's best to do the flooring first!

In terms of flooring - I want fairly light - probably a concrete look - we are coastal and I don't want to be cleaning floors every second day!

I can use different coloured cabinets on both runs. Where do I start? Most people seem to contrast the bench top - but I've found you can get the same design in the two - would that look good? Do i pick cabinets first or flooring? (flooring will extend the rest of the house except the bedrooms and bathroom)

I'm going for a slightly retro beach batch feel - but want to keep the kitchen fairly neutral - might do some turquioise or lime green splashs in pendants and/or paint

Comments (4)