SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Where should I plant this tree?

nicole___
8 years ago

To make a long story short, the city ran over one of my trees. They had two young kids cleaning mud off my driveway from their comings and goings and they drove OFF the driveway and took out a tree! Yikes! The city was quick to call a nursery, find a tree for me and will plant it anywhere I want it. So.......I have this rental house with a BIG grassy front lawn with NO trees next door and a sprinkler system to water it. Next Saturday the Nursery will meet us there and plant it for us. I'm happy. It's a 2.5" shademaster honeylocust.

Now .....where exactly should I plant it?

To the right is my first choice, in that section of lawn, more towards the fence. There's gravel landscaping in that neighbors yard and their driveway is on the far right side of their house. To the left of my house is a driveway up to the garage. I wouldn't want the tree to block it, or hang over it when it gets big. To the left is the master bedroom, also a good choice to add a little more privacy to that window, maybe center it in front of the window? Then another option is there's gravel in a parking easement on the other side of the sidewalk......but then it would have to be hand watered. (it rains a lot, so far nothing has been watered by anything but nature)

If "you" were going to plant a tree in this yard....where would YOU plant it?

Comments (35)