SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armstrong6

Texas Red Bud - Died suddenly

armstrong6
8 years ago

I have a Texas Red Bud Tree on my property that is approximately 8-10 years old. Last spring (2014) the tree was stressed and lost a lot of leaves prematurely. A couple of sprouts appeared at the base of the tree and I was prepared for the tree to die so I left the sprouts to continue to mature. This spring the tree made a full recovery and was completely leafed out with very healthy canopy. I removed the sprouting at the base of the tree in early spring as I saw the tree was recovering. We have had a very wet spring i this area of the state and our trees, grass, and shrubs look extremely healthy. A week ago this Red Bud had a thick dark green canopy and was the epitome of health. This week every single leaf on this tree is dead and falling off. I've seen Red Buds with disease issues in the past, but it was usually just a section at a time that had issues. Has anyone experienced this sort of rapid decline throughout the entire canopy before? I am now not sure if this was caused by a disease or if perhaps the tree might have been poisoned by someone. There has been no spraying or fertilizing applied to our garden by us.

Comment (1)