Two kinds of grief

poppydoll

I'm sorry for everyone who is grieving. I lost my husband, and I feel like a boat without an anchor. I had a destination, which was spending the rest of my life with him...but now that place doesn't exist. I don't know where to land and I'm drifting...

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poppydoll

...and so I'm grieving for my husband, and grieving for the life I thought I'd have.

Save    
CA Kate z9

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your husband. Just know that what you're going thru', and what your feeling, is OK. Please give yourself time to go thru all the steps of grieving. You might find that a grief counselor might help too. ((poppydoll))

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

That is how we all feel when this happens, no where to go, no place to land. Just us alone in the middle of nowhere. Its so hard, but it will get easier it just takes time an lots more time. I am still a work in progress myself. I don't know if I will ever make it to shore. I am also still grieving.

Read some of the other postings, I left some links for everyone to check out. They might be a help to you.

Hugs,

JoAnn

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
Life 10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Stripes of a Different Kind
By Houzz
Add eye-catching accents to your surroundings with stripes that are anything but typical
See Products