SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldhouseco

Can I vent about not having a vent? WWYD to update?

cluelessincolorado
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

First off, I want to say that I really like (LOVE) my new-to-me 1923 house and thus my new kitchen! Love colors, look of space, flooring. Having said that, there is no vent (not acceptable on so many different levels) and on top of that, my cooktop is in front of an operable double hung that looks like every window in house. My choices are limited because I will not be doing any kind of large remodel. The wall oven on the left is housed in a space that would allow a 30" range and 30" only hood, but then my sink would be across the kitchen. I could also put in a hood in front of the window where the cook top is now, but then I'd have to close up the top of the window, and replace lower with a different kind of glass and have some fun exterior work.

My other problem is counter space. There is quite a bit, but in small chunks. If I kept the cooktop under the window, I'd most likely replace it with a range and then take out the wall oven have a loooong stretch of counter. Of course then that counter would be away from a water source. What would you do?

Previous owner's lovely staging:

Comments (23)