SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Common to rough plumbing in knowing that its placed wrong?

njbuilding143
8 years ago

I am getting more and more confused with my builder as each day goes on.. The original plans called for the basement to be left unfinished with the exception of the staircase and laundry that would be framed out with electrical outlets run.. Prior to any electrical and plumbing work I told the builder/project manager that I wanted to have 2inch rigid foam board insulation put in along all perimeter walls and also wanted a quote to frame the entire basement perimeter walls plus the laundry and stairs as planned.. The project manager still has not gotten me the quotes, yet they have the plumber, hvac, and electrical sub contractors working in basement.. I took a walk over and looked at what was done and see that the plumber has started running pvc along the wall.. It is about 1/2 inch off the wall.. Maybe an 1inch.. The photograph below shows what I have found done so far.. I am just a little confused because I would think that they would need to have put the rigid insulation and framed the wall prior to running the pvc piping.. I understand that people frame around piping when doing renovations or finishing basements after build, however with a new build shouldn't the framing be put in and then the piping drilled through studs?.. Is it common to run all of this now and then cut it out and redo later? I messaged the project manager about it and he just said he would discuss at our next meeting at site.. I don't know much about building, just what I read online..

Comments (17)