SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn72465

Opportunity to buy...what would you get?

millymoo zone6B
8 years ago

My place of employment(wholesale nursery) is going out of business and I have the ability to purchase plants at greatly reduced prices before we shut our doors.

My home is on a half acre yard & have landscaped some of it over the past 2 years as we renovated the house. I have a few decorative plants(Japanese Maple, Viburnum Standard, Weeping Lilac, Magnolia, Threadleaf Cedar among others and filled my gardens with shrubs, roses & assorted perennials. I've also planted 2 large spruce & a sugar maple that are at the back of the property, a very small orchard(3 cherry & 2 plum trees) and a small-fruit garden(blueberries, rasp. & blackberries, rhubarb & currants.

Obviously, I know it's a personal choice but I'm wondering if I've overlooked the importance of some plant material. You see, I don't want to regret not buying something, lol! I'm toying with the idea of growing more fruit trees or small fruit but it is only my husband & I at home so don't wish to overwhelmed either! Also thinking I need to have more native & berry-producing plants for the birds-we have many here.

So what would you get? You diverse group of informed, seasoned gardeners, if you could get just about any tree or plant out there.

Comment (1)