SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squirrellypete

Opportunity for ya'll to get a bunch of daylily hybrids cheap

squirrellypete
18 years ago

Hi everyone. This is gonna' be a long post but read on if you like daylilies. I frequent the Alabama forum and I am planning to attend they're Birmingham swap next month. One of the gardeners there who was very generous to me last year has recently received what she describes as 1000+ hybrid daylily fans from a friend of hers who can't take care of them anymore. She is trying to get a little money for them to help the lady out so she is selling them to anyone interested for $1.00 per fan if you buy 1-10 fans. Buy 11 or more fans and they're all only $0.50 each. She says these are all nice hybrids and there are alot of different varieties in all colors. Over the years they have all fused together in large super clumps but she said she is going to try and dig out fans from all parts of these super clumps to hopefully ensure a nice variety for her buyers. She emphasized that you will not receive any ditch/species daylilies in this group.

Again, she says they are all named hybrids in an array of colors but they no longer have i.d. tags so it's a kind of pot luck. You have no way of knowing what colors you received until they bloom so it is a gamble. I've got some large areas to fill so I am buying a bunch from her myself and if any of you would like to purchase some just tell me how many fans you'd like reserved. You can either give me cash or check at our Georgia swap (assuming you feel comfortable doing that) which I can then relay to her at the Alabama swap, or if you prefer I can give you her address and you can mail payment to her. Then I can pick up your plants at the Alabama swap. The only thing is I don't deliver. So you'd need to pick them up from me either at my place (which is about a 40 minute drive West of Douglasville just across the AL state line) or I can drop them at my mothers which is in Newnan for pick up there.

I spent a day with this gardener last year and she dug and gave me literally a pick-up truck load of nice plants for my garden. She only asked me to bring her a couple of items in return and spent so much time answering my gardening questions. I would consider her to be extremely kind and generous and if you would like to speak to her yourself about this I can provide her e-mail. Please e-mail me individually if you are interested.

Thanks and hope ya'll have a good evening.

Sincerely, Squirrellypete

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting