SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfillyaw

GE Refrigerator failure, but GE fixed it right away

cfillyaw
8 years ago

Hello All,

I have a 3 month old french door GE refrigerator with ice maker in the door. It failed last week and I wanted to share the story in case others have the same problem,

About two weeks ago I could hear a fan start to make louder noises. After about a week of the loud fan the refrigerator interior lights wouldn't work and the water dispenser quite working. The next day, Saturday, I realized that it was no longer cooling.

GE was open on Saturday and they came Monday to repair it. Turns out the vegetable crisper fan failed causing the controller to shut down most functionality of the refrigerator. They replaced the fan stating they had a bad supply and attempted to reprogram the controller to control the fan at 7 speeds instead of the original 3. They were unable to reprogram the control board so they replaced the whole board.

All is good now and overall I feel the refrigerator is much quieter.

The funny thing is my coworker also bought a new GE french door refrigerator about the same time I did. He bought the fancier one that has a graphical display panel on the water dispenser. He had the exact same thing fail on his the same week mine did.

GE was great and took quick care of it. The were upfront stating that this is a problem they knew about.

Comments (2)