SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracyasu

GE Monogram Refrigerator lemon

teresa
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have a less than 2 year old 48” GE Monogram refrigerator that has been a nightmare.... a month after moving into our new home the icemaker went out during Thanksgiving weekend. Of course we had a house full of company that week so it was quite embarrassing to be serving bagged ice all week. A new ice maker install was the fix....well we thought it was but since then we have had 5 issues with internal water leaks all from the same area. Each time the “issue” appears to be fixed and we go several months without an issue and then.....leaks...

GE just keeps sending a repair person to fix it and I keep complaining that one day I won’t be home to turn it off and they will be dealing with a bigger issue- ruined wood floors....

This morning I woke up to a mess, overnight it leaked horribly.. It was even difficult to open the door but luckily I was able to open and turn off the ice maker.

I called the Monogram hotline and the earliest they can come out is next Monday, we have to wait almost an entire week. I am tired of chipping ice from food and from inside of the freezer, I am tired of worrying about a potential flood.....

I have asked to have this refrigerator replaced since it is still under warranty but I get the run around....

Its really sad that an appliance that has some great qualities, is ruined by a faulty part. I would avoid this refrigerator.

any suggestions?

Comments (10)