New Bertazzoni Range installed!
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (29)
- 11 years agoLars/J. Robert Scott thanked sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
Related Discussions
Bertazzoni - problems with 30' All Gas Range
Comments (15)I purchased this Bertazzoni range less than four years ago. The door just randomly fell off. I contacted their “customer service” and they informed me that they only have a two year warranty. Obviously this is a production issue. The man i spoke to was well aware of this issue and didn’t even allow to to finish explaining the issue. His reply made it seem like this was an often occurrence. When I asked him how to fix the door so I can have Thanksgiving he told me that he couldn’t tell me how to fix it for liability reasons?! Are you kidding me? Now it’s Thanksgiving next week and I can’t find anyone to fix before then. I would not suggest purchasing from this company. Horrible quality and customer service....See MoreGas range decision 30' 6years old DCS or new Bertazzoni?
Comments (7)>>>"But from what I can find, seem that you either get a lemon or a good one , but all thread seem to be older..."I'm not understanding this comment. Did you mean: (1) that all the NXR threads are older; or (2) all the theads about NXR lemons are older; or (3) that there is a high probability of getting a lemon (as with Viking in some recent years)? If #1 was what you meant, there must be something wrong with the GW search engine because there are two active and long-running NXR threads here with postings as recent as last weekend. If # 2 was what you meant, I'm guessing you are referring to the two older postings -- in longer threads --- from NX buyers who had problems with flaking oven enamel. A third person posted a youtube video. That's pretty much it. A couple of NXR users (StacyNeil and DirtyBloomers) have had an oven glow-bar ignitor wear out, but that is an inexpensive, readily available, user-installable part. Apparently, the oven circuits on earlier models were trying too hard to maintain a perfectly even oven temp and so were cycling on so frequently that they could wear out the glow-bar ignitor. Stacy reported that there is a fix for that on older models and the models since 2011 (DRGB models) do not cycle as frequently. This allows a bit more latitude on heating. Right now, the oven in my 2012 NXR DRGB3001 seems to allow a +/- 10 F temperature variance before activating or shutting off the burner. My previous stove, a GE dual fuel, would go as low as 40F below the set temp before kicking back on and would go as much as 20F above before cycling off. This seems to be common on many residential ranges. If the # 3 point is what was intended, that would be incorrect. Basically, the NXRs are like old-fashioned gas stoves dressed up with a "pro-style" look and supplied with the minimal updates of a convection fan for the oven, an infrared in-oven broiler, spark ignitors for the burners, and a re-ignitor circuit in case a low-flame burner blows out. There just is not much to go wrong. Any component that could fail over time is a readily available, off-the shelf part. User serviceable, if you are so inclined. To be sure, that old-fashioned simplicity can be as much a disadvantage as a benefit, depending on what you want from your stove. While some will see the lack of electronics as an advantage for durability, others may want the flexibility and features that come from integrated circuits. Multiple convection modes, for example, and oven self cleaning functions. Others may want a more polished look to their stove. The NXR is pretty basic and a plain piece of work. It is not as pretty as a Bertazonni nor, for that matter, the DCS. And this brings me back to your original question about whether to get the 6-year old DCS with a backsplash, a DCS warming drawer, and DCS range hood for $2500. I will echo Weissman's questions. Why is the seller disposing of this rig? Has it been troublesome or has the owner maybe decided to go for an even bigger kitchen remodel with larger stuff? Is this a divorce or estate sale? Has the equipment already been removed or can you check it out to be sure everything is operating to your satisfaction? Check out the burner caps and components. Make sure they are not corroded or rusting. What model is the stove? My recollection is that DCS had two 30-inch models, the 304 and 305. One had convection and (I think) self-cleaning and the other did not. The non-convection one is probably easier to work on if it needs service and probably easier to fix (as with the NXR). How big is the range hood? The rule of thumb for rangehoods is that you want them to extend three inches or so beyond the sides of your stove. IOW, it is preferable to have a 36-inch hood for a 30-inch stove. A 30-inch hood over a 30-inch stove will work but will not work as well as a wider hood because steam and etc. can flow out to the sides. How much cleaning will have to be done before you install it in your place. What size venting does it use? How deep and how tall is it? Will you have to modify or remove existing cabinets? If you already have a venthood, will the DCS hood fit with the existing installation? If you do not get this array of stuff, what do you plan for a range-hood if you get the Berta? Do you have an existing range hood? How much cleaning needs to be done? Who will remove the equipment from the owner's place (if it is not already removed.) How will you get the equipment moved and installed? Have you checked on parts availability? If not, I suggest you get the stove model number and see what SearsPartsDirect carries and what (if anything) is no longer available. In the area where you live, is there anybody who sells and//or services DCS appliances. I suggest calling them up an see if they will tell you anything about parts availability and the need for service on this year and model of stove. Maybe they can give you a sense of market values for the array of stuff being offered....See MoreRed Bertazzoni with Stainless Backsplash installed!
Comments (7)BEAUTIFUL! Black knobs would be nice and there are nice choices in countrycottageklutz's link. Nickel or stainless could connect with the stainless at the gorgeous stove... Antique nickel or antique pewter would be other options in between. We chose antique pewter because I felt it looked like real iron, and I'd wanted kind of a hand forged look in the house. I didn't get so detailed that they look hand-forged (rough) close up...just wanted the overall impression of a less refined era with our modified Craftsman style house. Maybe you're being too hard on yourself on getting the 'exact' knob?...See MoreNew Red Bertazzoni Range installed
Comments (21)I agree with the sports car comment, especially since the range was painted by Ferrari, which is just down the street from the Bertazzoni factory. I was told that Ferrari does all of the colors for Bertazzoni. Since I cannot afford a Ferrari (plus that would be too dangerous), at least I can have a sporty range. I plan to bake this week-end, I used the stove top last night, and I should have adjusted the low setting on the burners first, which I know I need to do. The installers were unable to do that, but it is a simple adjustment using a screwdriver. I do plan to give reviews once I have used it sufficiently. I could not find enough reviews myself before getting it, but the color options were the clincher. I do like the way it fits in the space much better - it does not stick out from the counters the way my previous range did, and I like the low back, which makes my own one look very obsolete, although it did require me to put up the back splash....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESContractor Tips: How to Install Tile
Before you pick up a single tile, pull from these tips for expert results
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSHow to Install a Dimmer Switch
New project for a new year: Take control of your lighting to set the right mood for entertaining, dining and work
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSHow to Install Energy-Efficient Windows
Learn what Energy Star ratings mean, what special license your contractor should have, whether permits are required and more
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: How to Install a Rain Barrel
This DIY tutorial shows how easy it can be to capture rainwater from your roof to use in your garden later
Full Story
EARTH DAYHow to Install a Green Roof
Covering a roof with low-maintenance plants has benefits beyond just beauty. Get the details here
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNHow to Install a Toilet in an Hour
Putting a new commode in a bathroom or powder room yourself saves plumber fees, and it's less scary than you might expect
Full Story
LIGHTINGReady to Install a Chandelier? Here's How to Get It Done
Go for a dramatic look or define a space in an open plan with a light fixture that’s a star
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Find the Right Range for Your Kitchen
Range style is mostly a matter of personal taste. This full course of possibilities can help you find the right appliance to match yours
Full Story
KITCHEN COUNTERTOPSWalk Through a Granite Countertop Installation — Showroom to Finish
Learn exactly what to expect during a granite installation and how to maximize your investment
Full Story
FLOORSWhat's the Right Wood Floor Installation for You?
Straight, diagonal, chevron, parquet and more. See which floor design is best for your space
Full Story





annie1992