SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terry_haselden

Upstate South Carolina Hosta Sellers

For those in the SC Upstate, Western NC, and North GA, there are two very good hosta dealers in this area.

1. Chuck Plemmons Perennials in Spartanburg has been mentioned here before. www.hostaman.com Plemmons has around 240 varieties of hostas. Plants are in 1 gal. containers. They are large, healthy, and reasonably priced. There is a complete listing on their website. The one thing about Plemmons is some areas of their display area are not well shaded, so some of the plants get a little washed out towards the middle of the summer.

2. Daylily and Hosta Gardens is outside of Greenville, SC. It is a Simpsonville address, but I think it is really closer to Greenville. http://www.daylilyandhostagardens.com/ They carry around 220 varieties, also in 1 gal containers. The thing to remember about them is they are ONLY OPEN ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY DURING THE MONTHS OF APRIL, MAY, AND JUNE. So, they will closing for the summer in a couple of weekends. Some of their prices are about the same as Plemmons, but some are a little higher. They are still quite reasonable. If anything, their plants tend to be a little bigger than Plemmons'. All of their plants are displayed in a pine grove, so they are all is pristine condition.

You cannot go wrong with either of these places. I am still fairly new to hostas. If anyone knows of other sources in the area, please let me know.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor