SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bnine0054

I am getting way overpriced quotes on AC ts the TRANE tam 7 trash ?

william beck
8 years ago

well my house needs a five ton hvac replaced. got some cheaper quotes for a Lennox air system are their ser 15 sytems any good. the r6050 or whatever they are. now I have had several trane dealers out and some won't sell me a tam 7 at all. Some say there is NO problem with it they all want to sale me two state condenser and variable speed air handlers. numerous people are trashing the tam 7 air handler saying it leads air out the front and even has plastic in the front panal. huh? well I am getting quoted for an xr 15 trane condenser with tam7 lowest price about $9300 with ten years parts and labor. with a 625 dollar rebate from the local electric company for the unit.

for a trane 15 with a gam5 ( construction tract housing unit not for public ) I am being given a price of $8700 dollars with no rebate ........... now I see the xr 15 is being phased out so I presume they get a discount on that so I fell even though other quotes are two or three thousand more I am getting and everyone in this town SAN ANTONIO,
TX is getting major ripped off on overpriced hvac systems from EVERY TRANE dealer and American standard, rheem rudd, lennox, sears, byrant, carrier or anybody........... any comments or suggestions. should I avoid the xr15 and should I avoid the tam 7 and should I just go take a hvac course and wait and install the unit myself because they are all way overpriced in this town................ one guy is even using somebody's else's license and even has no dba with the state comptroller.......... it is a major scam artist racket in this town and talk about pressure sales........... well most flip through scenes on their tablet and say yes or no........... if no they click off the screen and leave with NO quotes left on anything . you have to demand a hard copy quote and then they never sign a name anyone can read and often the license number may indeed be someone else's if you go look it up. worse than used car salesmen in this town .............. been doing my due diligence for three weeks and about seen everybody in town to no avail as far as finding any decent hvac's in this town . COMMENTS and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged. thank you.

Comment