SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 6 - 19 - 15

User
8 years ago

Design must be functional, and functionality must be translated into visual aesthetics without any reliance on gimmicks that have to be explained.
Ferdinand Porsche

Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.
E. O. Wilson

Famously, Anne Boleyn was not a beauty: she was more about quirkiness and an innate sensuality, and there are a lot of references to her eyes. Which sends out a great message for women, because life is not about the aesthetic all the time.
Natalie Dormer

At one of the annual conventions of the American Society for Aesthetics much confusion arose when the Society for Anesthetics met at the same time in the same hotel.
Rudolf Arnheim

I want big ideas to have aesthetic relevance. I want to tickle people's intellectual sensibilities and instill a sense of wonder.
Jason Silva

Aesthetic emotion puts man in a state favorable to the reception of erotic emotion. Art is the accomplice of love. Take love away and there is no longer art.
Remy de Gourmont

I find the aesthetics of the 20th century hopelessly barren.
Twyla Tharp

Our conception of 1950s underwear is a lovely vintage aesthetic, but actually, wearing stockings with no elastic and a girdle was heavy duty.
Romola Garai

I think a scientist's job is to explore the Universe, to explore the cosmos around us. People always want to know - why is that useful? Well, on just pure fundamental grounds, on some level it's like art, it's like umm, music, it's aesthetics, it's like philosophy. You want to know where you are in the Universe.
Brian Schmidt

The course hitherto pursued in musical aesthetics has nearly always been hampered by the false assumption that the object was not so much to inquire into what is beautiful in music as to describe the feelings which music awakens.
Eduard Hanslick

Leonardo Da Vinci combined art and science and aesthetics and engineering, that kind of unity is needed once again.
Ben Shneiderman

If a work of art is rich and vital and complete, those who have artistic instincts will see its beauty, and those to whom ethics appeal more strongly than aesthetics will see its moral lesson. It will fill the cowardly with terror, and the unclean will see in it their own shame.
Oscar Wilde

Let architects sing
of aesthetics that bring
Rich clients in hordes
to their knees;
Just give me a home,
in a great circle dome
Where stresses and strains
are at ease.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Comments (3)

Sponsored