SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stockergal

Frogs, frogs and more frogs!!!

stockergal
8 years ago
I was out walking our place tonight and I saw my first frogs since the tornado of 2013. I don't think people realize the effect of natural disasters on the ecosystem. The loss of property is largely known but the absence of creatures are largely overlooked. The rabbits were the first to return, birds were next probably within six months. But the frogs and other smaller creatures are just now (two years) coming back. I still have not seen a squirrel on my property but I have no trees planted yet, when they return, nuisance or not, all will be right again.
I think when a disaster strikes it somehow upends the ecosystem and it just takes a long time to rebalance itself. No scientific studies to verify this just my personal observation.

It was several weeks after the tornado before we heard crickets in the evening. It was late and we had been cleaning up the place all day when we suddenly heard the crickets, my husband and I just hugged and laughed. I think frogs, turtles and such are just suppose to be here til they are not.
I know the ecosystem is under attack everyday for several reasons, but under these conditions critters disappear slowly but when they are all gone immediately it is hard to grasp.

I am sure all of the flood victims will probably have a setback in there ecosystem too.

Just wanted all of us to,say thanks for all the critters annoying or not. I know I did tonight when I was chasing that little frog across the porch.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting