SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_parker7

Help! Raspberry leaves are mottled and curling!

Katie Parker
8 years ago

My raspberry leaves, currently planted in a half barrel, are showing streak-like mottling of yellow and brown. New leaves are blackish at the tips with a distinct line moving towards the stem. All affected leaves are curling and eventually becoming brittle and dying. This is affecting the plant as a whole, although curling/dying seems to happen more rapidly at the bottom of the plant. But even topmost new growth has this. I have pruned all affected leaves, hopefully to stop the spread, but I need to know what I'm dealing with!

At first, I thought aphids. I hunted thoroughly for signs of aphids in the plant yesterday, checking the undersides of the leaves. I didn't find a single one on the plant, and they're usually pretty easy to spot. I sprayed for them anyway with a dish soap and peppermint essential oil mixture.

Just recently started fertilizing once a week with all purpose plant food, since the plant is producing fruit. I water 2-3 times a week, sometimes more, since I live on the Front Range and it's getting hot and dry. Otherwise, the plant is healthy. It is giving new fruit and leaves in abundance, and also new canes, as well.

Comments (8)