SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bielo83

Janet Craig Compacta needs Help!

bielo83
8 years ago

This little gal has had a rough start. I got this plant about 10 months ago. It was Green and lush. I, like the amateur that I am, Decided that it was the best for this plant to immediately be re-potted to a nice big pot for its roots to spread out. I now know that was the incorrect thing to do. It spent about 8 months in the large pot and was exposed to direct afternoon sun for about 3 months. I since have put it back in the original size pot not before trimming the roots to their approx original size. this plant has never been over watered. I wait for it to dry out a bit before watering and only use filtered water. I have since moved it to my living room with a west facing window that gives it moderate indirect light throughout the day.

As you can see, the leaves are a lighter green that they should be. When I got it they were very dark green. There are also those patches of yellow within the leaves. What the heck is going on here. Is this plant doomed? Iron deficient? I have looked online and have yet to find any plant that is in the condition mine is in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated =)

~Gabe

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations