SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
siasconset

Need help with exterior colors - 1900 Victorian

siasconset
8 years ago

Our home is looking worn and tired, and we'd like to come up with a master plan for overall colors and curb appeal before we begin any work. The exterior is shingle at the top, stucco below, and painted stone (what a travesty) along the foundation and on the front of the first story.

The blue looks very dated to me, and I'm not sure whether or not the shutters are right for the house. The stone portion is painted a light gold, the same color as the shingles near the peak of the roof (yuck). Basically the house looks a bit creepy and forlorn to me, and I'm trying to figure out how to make it look warmer and more inviting.

We took down the awnings, and what you can't see here are the dark blue porch columns (same color as the shutters and stripe up top). I'll try to post a better pic of the front.

Anything is fair game -- we'll need to replace the roof eventually, so even that color is up for grabs.

I have a few thoughts, but they aren't very creative and I'd rather leave them out for now so as not to influence any responses. I'd love any thoughts you could spare!

Comments (14)