SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vervelife

For those still playing alone, kitchen revision #9876593

Thank you in advance for any comments. This is new construction.

Overview of layout. Bottom part is great room w/ 20' ceilings and 12x12' wall of windows. I've added a window in the pantry. Windows in dining area (only one in home) are fixed transom 4x2'. The yellow thing under there is 3 wall cabs configured w/ a piece of butcher block on top to form a sort of sideboard / buffet.

Overall length of the kitchen / dining room area is 28'6" and the width is 11'. That is an 8' wide slider at the end leading to covered patio w/ outdoor kitchen (12'x15').

Here is a close up of what I think is our final configuration. I need to meet with the cabinets guy in the next few weeks again.

Red reflects power outlet locations. Blue circles are water locations.

The dishwasher is not in an ideal location and does block the entry to the pantry, however, I can't win everything, and I think for the way our family operates, this is the best spot for it. We are a solidly 2-butt kitchen, sometimes 3. I have to have the cleanup area and prep/cook areas completely apart because 5 nights a week one of us is unloading the dishwasher while the other cooks.

Our children (7 and 4) are currently responsible for setting / clearing the table and I wanted to route them around the outside of the island to reduce burn dangers and keep the refrigerator accessible to the great room. Soon enough they will be unloading the dishwasher as well. A dish rack will sit on the counter likely above the dishwasher.

Under U1 is where the coffee maker will live. No other counter-top appliances or things to consider.

Here are the intended zones:

Red = cooking, Purple = prep, Green = cleanup. All dishes, glasses, flatware are stored in green zone also for access to set the table without being in the fire zone.

And here is a map of storage ideas:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County