SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chefkatcher

Need help on style and size of dining chandelier

Cindy
8 years ago

Hi I need help deciding on the style and size of a dining chandelier. I just moved into a new home in Florida . It is a great room concept. So kitchen, dining and living areas are all one large room. First dilemma, the size of my dining table It is new and without a leaf it is 44x72 With one leaf it is 44x92. (Picture shows table with one leaf) I think it needs to be at 92. Seems too small without leaf. Thoughts please. So depending on size of table in this open format room What size of fixture. I have a tray ceiling for a 10 ft height in dining area. I am thinking antique silver chandelier as it would go well with the black buffet and I have silver accent pieces. The kitchen backsplash has some silver inset tiles. I like the drum shade look as well as some antique silver transitional pieces. I have one socket so 2 fixtures are not an option. Should I go with a longer oblong chandelier as opposed to a round or square. Picture show one of the drum fixtures I saw and liked. But it is 24 w x 17 h . Also tyle of pendants need to coordinate on large kitchen island.

Thank you

Comment