SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

A tentative layout - have a look and tell me what you think

suzanne_sl
8 years ago

Last week I asked for ideas on where a fridge might go in our soon to be new house if we don't want it on the opposite wall to a U-kitchen, and got a lot of good ideas. This week we have a tentative layout. Keep in mind that we aren't positive that all our measurements are correct as the house doesn't close for another week and a couple of days, and it's nearly 500 miles from here - hence tentative. Our nice guy at HD who helped us with our current kitchen drew this up for us after I took him my sad (from a technical viewpoint) InDesign plan. This is what the current kitchen looks like:

We're planning to lose the peninsula and overhead cabs and expand the kitchen towards the patio door. The anchor on the window wall is a Kohler Stages 45 sink, the thing at the top of my Much Wanted list. This is more or less the same view point as the first photo:

Showing the back wall and doorway to DR:

All those cabinets except the sink will be drawers and we didn't bother putting in uppers as we know there may be measurement issues, hopefully small ones. The refrigerator will protrude a little more into the room than is apparent on the plan. There will be a full depth cab over the fridge, and it would be nice if the MW didn't have to be over the stove, but the important part right now is the validity of the basic plan - this part of the reno just isn't my strong suit. What do you think?

The family room is on the left (see photo 1), the patio door is next to the purple fridge, the doorway (no door) on the range wall goes to the dining room, the path to the left of the pantry (bottom left, labeled UT3624) is a jog-around corner from the front hall.

Comments (8)