SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vincenzo_bavaro

Plumeria Flower buds falling off

Vincenzo Bavaro
8 years ago

Hi, I couldn't find this info on the forum so I'm asking the community. I used to grow plumerias in Hong Kong for a few years when I lived there, now I live in Naples, Italy (10a). I purchased a California Sunset a month ago (together with a Gina and a Desert's sunrise, but they're just waking up now) and it's in a pot, on my terrace, exposed to SW. My cali sunset had two inflos, one was at the very beginning. The other one seemed to be developing buds, but one after the other, the buds darkened and fell off. Eventually that entire inflo fell off. Now I'm looking at the surviving inflo, and I see that a few of the bigger buds are starting to dry up/darken and I found two on the floor. What is going on, and how can I fix this? I water it when the soil dries up, every 3/4 days average in the summer. The temperature is 65-86 right now. I suppose it may be a lack of root development (the plant is young, probably her first bloom) but I am wondering whether it may be getting too much sun. It's exposed to direct sunlight from noon to 6:30pm. I wouldn't say that the pot gets too hot from the sun either. Should I protect her from too much direct sunlight, or is the issue altogether different? Thank you!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath