SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
awhitehead91

120 Square feet Log Cabin Kitchen Remodel

awhitehead91
8 years ago

We have a tiny log cabin kitchen. We currently have the kitchen set in a U shape with 7 foot of cabinets on the right side with a 48" over it. Then on the back is 8 foot of counters (that is all the way to the wall). With a 3 foot window over the white cast iron sink (not apron front). Then on the left is a short 7 foot wall that we have cabinets on the right and the stove towards the left. We are going to knock down the wall to open up the area and to be able to put our stove against the wall to buy a commercial strength range hood. We have the cinnamon stain on the wall from Lifeline interior. We bought Ivetta Black Slate Porcelain 6x16" tiles from Lowes. We are also getting lighter white to grey granite countertops ( I perfer river white, seasame grey, ice blue, ice grey, or luna pearl). Logs absorb light so I kind of don't want dark cabinets. The lower cabinets will have on the back wall one 24" cabinet to the left of the sink, a 36" sink cabinet, then a corner cabinet with the door hinged to open all the way, then on the right wall our 18" dishwasher, then a 30" cabinet. Then the stove with a range hood (built over with wood). We have 9 or 9.5' ceilings so from the ceiling to the top of the windows all the way across both sides will be mission style cabinets with glass inserts with sliding doors. Below that on both sides of the sink open shelving. The cabinets cannot be painted only stained. My husband is a woodworker and will be building the cabinets. I perfer mission style in design. He wants to build poplar but am concerned about how this will look with the grey floors, whiteish to grey countertops, and cinnamon logs. I am also afraid it will be too green if finished natural. Any thoughts? Here's a picture of a poplar table he built to give an idea of what natural poplar can look like.

Comments (2)