SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivahgal1

Breville oven vs Sharp convection microwave

Riese Hairfield
8 years ago

I know everyone sings the praises of the Breville on GW, but I am wondering if you have any thoughts on the Sharp convection microwave vs. Breville (not a mw). I currently have a microwave shelf in my kitchen, so I have room for either. I am replacing all of my appliances and will have either double ovens or a combi over a convection. Most of the time I don't require two large ovens; however, when all my my family is in town (or even part of my brood), I definitely use two ovens. Always over holidays, but probably at least a dozen times in addition to that. I currently have double ovens, a cheapo convection toaster oven (dumbed down Breville, I suppose) that I keep in the adjacent mud room, and a microwave on the mw shelf. I could have the toaster oven on the kitchen counter, but it looks wayyy too cluttered with so many stainless appliances together (double ovens sandwiched between fridge and microwave shelf... so adding the toaster oven below the mw looks terrible). But having the toaster oven in the mud room is also not ideal.

The concern I have is the size of the combi. I will need additional oven space on occasion. I thought the Sharp conv mw would be great, as it would kill two birds with one stone. The reviews on appliance retailer sites are great, but I don't see many comments on GW. Is there any down side to the Sharp since it is both a convection oven and microwave?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations