SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
driftwoodandmarble

Second built-in oven in butler's pantry- Thoughts?

driftwoodandmarble
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am wondering if any of you have done this and how you have dealt with ventilation. I am in early stages of new build and gathering research, ideas etc. I've done 2 kitchens already so am pretty set on appliance choices. For my range I am going with a LaCanche either a Cluny 1400 or Chagny 1400. Both have various options of dual small size ovens (dual, gas and electric combo, broiler, warmer-still deciding which would benefit me) The way I cook and entertain works with the multiple smaller size ovens on a day to day basis. That being said, my question is has anyone put a second (or third) oven in a butler's pantry? I host occasional dinners with 16+ guests often enough that it may be extremely helpful for holding food warm close to dining room or when I need that second option for a larger size oven when cooking large meals and baked desserts simultaneously. Would a free standing oven in a small area like a butler's pantry need any kind of ventilation? I currently have one oven in my kitchen and a second oven in the basement mini kitchen with no vent- the space is a large walk-out basement so doesn't get hot or too smelly.

Comments (6)