SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
navymomma77

TINY Kitchen reno advice

Navy Momma
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We just bought a house, yay! It has a tiny tiny tiny kitchen, boo. I need help formulating ideas of what to do. I'm willing to do a full reno, knock down a wall, but in terms of relocating stairs, etc....probably not going to go that far.

The room is basically an 7'7" x 8' box, with 8' ceilings. On the right side of the box is currently a door to the back deck. I'm thinking of making this into just a window as there are french doors to the deck in the adjacent dining room.

The adjacent dining room is 10'8" by 10'10", and next to that big brown cabinet is the staircase down to the basement- this limits expanding the kitchen becuase that's the stairwell right there.

I'm fine with knocking down the wall to the dining room, and putting the appliances wherever they best go (moving gas line, plumbing, etc. is OK with me). In terms of storage, I figure I can put a high pantry cabinet on each side of the dining room near the side window and then low base cabinets along the wall between them for extra storage and food storage. We aren't fancy people and I don't need a formal dining but I do have a family of 5 and need to fit a regular 42x66 dining table (with space to add a leaf, even tightly for holidays).

In terms of the look, I like clean white cabinets with shaker-style trim, subway tile backsplash, marble or marble-y quartz counters. Simple and clean and classic.

These are the listing photos, not my stuff:
dining room (to the left of that brown cabinet is the staircase to the basement)

the kitchen (the wall with the pans is the staircase wall)

kitchen looking towards dining room entrance (it's just adjacent to the window on the right):

Help! I will be calling in a kitchen reno company once we get in the house (close in a few weeks) but I would love some starting ideas....the rest of the house is great (it would have to be to deal with this tiny kitchen, right?!).

Comments (49)