SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeniniowa

Needing fresh ideas for kitchen layout

Jennifer Weinman
8 years ago

I posted several months ago, got some ideas, then took a break from thinking about kitchen and remodel stuff. Conversations are starting back up again, so I'm back asking for fresh ideas. Specifically, my husband wants to see if we could possibly come up with something that doesn't change the overall footprint of our house. We had a lot of recommendations to "square up" the back porch to the kitchen and expand there, which is still what I want to do, but to save on costs potentially, we'd like to see what ideas we can get that doesn't change the footprint. I'll try to keep an open mind!

The constraints are somewhat limiting though. As I said, no expanding if possible (maybe I'll sway husband eventually, but let's start with keeping it the same). The wall between the kitchen and dining can be opened up, though we'd like to not have it completely open if possible. We need a 1/2 bath somewhere on the first floor. And we're not willing to put it in the foyer like many encouraged, it needs to be somewhere in the northeast quadrant. There needs to be an exterior door somewhere on the east side of the house (you can see one off the porch currently) since that goes out to our patio, detached garage, and backyard. It could possibly be where the current window is on the porch. We'd prefer not to have the only entry from the east be into the dining room. Finally, it's not in there, but directly to the west (right) of the kitchen is staircase that goes down to a landing, and that can't be moved.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH