SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

I was gonna ask you all something... but...

desertsteph
8 years ago

I guess the pan answered for me. the question was ' if you thought a mouse might have been in a pan/pot, would you still use it? Would you just wash it 10 times, spray it with disinfectant and then run it thru the dw 10 times and feel safe to cook in it'?

I found a pan that looks to be new/unused in my old place. It was full of dust (of course) but just buried under a stack of stuff - wide open to the homeless mice passing thru that way... I didn't see any signs of a visit but they also didn't leave a note saying 'we deterred around this obstacle'.

Today I decided to rinse the dust out of it... and noticed that the non stick coating was missing in numerous tiny little spots. So, I guess that alone will cause me not to use it!

I don't know what happened to it - did something get jiggled around in it? or did the mice use the inside 'walls' of it as a racing track? Who knows, but I don't want to use it with the innards flaking off!

I guess that question could be asked about a number of pots/dishes from the old place. But, I guess we really don't know 'who' is sneaking around in the warehouses where these these things wait until they are shipped out to a store or person either.

I have 2 other similar pots that I've used over the yrs there. I didn't notice any coating flaking off either of them. It never crossed my mind that a critter might creep thru undetected while it was in the cabinet waiting to be used. And I'm still alive.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor