SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gotsqueeze

brown spots on st augustine in dallas tx

gotsqueeze
8 years ago

I posted a little over a week ago about a couple of brown spots in my front yard. I wanted to update with a few pictures from today. The only problem I've had is its Rained nonstop and the soil has yet to dry out. I was thinking that the 2 round spots were from when I piled some leaves up and didn't bag them for a full week. After a few days I actually moved the pile over from on spot to the other and if I remember right the spots are in the same location. But I'm not 100%/sure. Does this look like it be something else ? It seems like the inner circle is repairing and if I pull on the grass it is rooted good unlike all the browned grass I pull on which seems to have no roots. Oh and I threw some Bermuda seed down in the 2 dead patches to see if it would grow prior to planting some sod (just wanted to waste some money). I also out some peat moss over some of the spots that pool water , also causing bare spots in those locations. Also my roommate has a crappy lawn mower with dull baldes. I feel this is for sure

An issue that has created more issues.

Comments (30)