SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavendar

Kitchen eating area is changing to sunroom!

Lavender Lass
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Just when I FINALLY thought I was getting a banquette (LOL) it seems I'm getting a sunroom. But, what a wonderful problem to have....I love sunrooms and with my mom moving down, it just seems like a better solution.

The dining room is going to move into the 'living room' area of the plan, but that's where the fireplace is located! (We still have a family room.) As many of you know....the only thing I like more than a banquette is a dining table in front of the fireplace :)

Unfortunately, I cannot open the kitchen to this space, but I still think it will work really well...and leaving that wall will give us a little 'library nook' which my mom is going to love!

So....my question is, how do you give a sunroom the same vintage vibe as the kitchen? I'm really tempted to paint the sunroom walls the 'morning glory' (as my mom calls it) or light aqua/blue paint (as I call it) and the kitchen walls a nice jadeite green?

On top of everything else....my SIL gave me some beautiful base cabinets (left over from her lovely home remodel) but they're white....so now I have to really think about my color scheme. White is great, but doesn't go with the wood in the uppers. I really don't want to paint the uppers white...

And the living room (soon to be dining room) is going to need a new table. I'm going from 9' x 9' for our little breakfast nook....to 18' x 13'. What a difference!

No pictures yet....I know, but it looks like a flea market in here, with all my vintage dressers and packed (thought we might have to move) boxes! But, I will post the floor plan. And my inspiration pictures for sunroom and dining room....although I only like the upholstered chairs in the dining picture...and it's not open to the kitchen. Thanks in advance for any ideas, pictures or suggestions for kitchen, sunroom or dining room....and think rustic/romantic vintage...is that even a style??? :)

Comments (16)