SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlilies77

Please help! trying to figure out what pest/disease I'm dealing with!

flowerlilies77 (zone 6b - PA)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi all:) this is my 1st time posting to any forum. So please forgive if I'm not posting this question in the correct spot & the lengthy post.

I have a container garden on my balcony & this year I'm not having luck at identifying what is killing my roses (bare roots potted this spring), lilies, day lily & clematis. I have done A LOT of research online & went to a local nursery for help w/o luck (In the past I've dealt w/aphid infestations & this looks nothing like what I had in the past). At first I thought I was dealing w/spider mites but now I'm thinking some kind of scale?? But honestly I have absolutely no clue at this point. I have used just about every homemade/organic spray I could find online (soap/water, garlic/water/soap/alcohol...etc) *not all at the same time*. When that didn't seem to be helping I used rose rx (w/neem oil) per lable instructions & ithis didn't help. Last wk I went to a local nursery & they suggested sevin (since I had tried most everything else they could think of) & to follow up the next day w/bayer rose & flower care 3 in 1 (systemic fertilizer,insect & disease control). That was last wed & thurs. The sevin seemed to help at 1st but now it looks like I'm having the same problem. I would really like to save my flowers...

Any thought as to what I'm dealing with, how to treat it & make it stay gone would be greatly appreciated!! Thx in advance:)

The clematis (it doesn't show in this pic but the tips of all leaves were starting to turn brown) several wks ago after all homemade sprays

Last wk after my last efforts. Today most of the leaves are very pale yellow/green color w/the black spotting.

day lily

one of the bare root roses before things got really bad.

same rose from above. took this am.

Only 1 of the 3 blooms looked this bad when it opened last wk. It was misshapen before blooming.

This is the smaller of the 2 bare root roses (has not bloomed yet).

One of my lilies

My stargazer lilies:(

I should mention at the beginning of spring all of my plants were doing great even the bare root roses. Which when I was planting wasn't expecting much but they took off great had a lot of new growth & many, many beautiful leaves. Now everything looks so bad!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022