SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikthegreek_gw

Help to thin down this rose list please!

nikthegreek
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Here's my list for the second batch of grafted bareroots orders for next fall. The first was mainly shrub and climbing Teas and a few Chinas.

Who has the patience to go over this list to help me rule out roses not very suitable to my true med climate? Coolish wettish winters, warm and humid Spring and Fall, warm to hot dry summers. Some supplemental watering can be provided. Main disease is mildew during early Spring and late Fall (usually not a big problem but for the most sickly of roses), wind can be a problem. Blooming season is mainly middle of March to middle of July and late September to late December.

Most of below will be ex Beales (for the ones that this matters due to confusion in the trade about which rose is which).

The list of roses in no particular order I'm afraid. Mostly repeaters. I need to narrow down this to about 15 roses (as I have another 14 or so coming, mainly Teas and Chinas).

Any takers? Unless you have a good suggestion to replace a particular rose with another one, please do refrain from proposing more roses to me as I'm too confused and cash limited already...

1. Senateur Amic

2. Vicomtesse Pierre du Fou

3. Cooper's Burmese

4. The Garland (I know it can become huge)

5. Mermaid (ditto)

6. Purple Skyliner

7. Blush Noisette

8. Lamarque Cl.

9. SDLM (maybe too mildewy?)

10. Paul Lede Cl.

11. Ballerina

12. Penelope

13. Felicia

14. Dortmund Cl.

15. R. moschata 'Nasterana'

16. Le Vesuve

17. Clementina Carbonieri

18. Maman Cochet White

19. Souvenir de Mme. Leonie Viennot

20. Archduke Charles

21. R. rubinigosa 'Magnifica' (second attempt at getting the correct rose)

Comments (33)