SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Would some of you help me pare this seed list down?

phylrae
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here very much, so most of you probably don't "know" me. :0)

I am a small "grower", in the sense that I just sell bouquets locally, to co-workers, & other people I meet, etc. I have done bouquets for graduation parties, retirement parties, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, teacher gifts, etc. It has been mostly word of mouth w/business cards my daughter made me a few years ago. My "business" has grown somewhat each year, but I don't grow for farmer's markets as many of you do. Still, I enjoy it immensely, and my husband and kids are very proud of me too!

Anyway, we have about 70 rose bushes, a hundred or more different asiatic, trumpet, OT, oriental & species lilies, several spuria and siberian irises. We also have interesting daffodils, some (not many) tulips, peonies, lupine, echinaceas, baptisia australis, daisies, dicentras,

monarda, japanese ferns, kniphofia, etc.

I was wondering if it would be ok with all of you if I listed the seeds I have collected (thru trades on GW and commercial seeds), and asked you to "critique" it/help me pare it down maybe 50% (to the best kinds/least difficult cultivars for a zone 5a garden!)

I DO NOT have a hoophouse or anything...it's all growing in my front, side and back yards! I have been winter-sowing as much as I can, with mixed results.

I will wait for your "go-ahead" before I list them all, because I don't want to overwhelm you.

Thanks so much!

:0) Phyl

Comments (6)

Sponsored