SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chavaleh7a

Rose placement advice?

chavaleh 7a
8 years ago

I just placed my first order with Chamblee's for four DA roses: Queen of Sweden, Graham Thomas, Carding Mill and Pat Austin. I'm thinking that I'm going to put Queen of Sweden and Pat Austin in a bed beside the house that gets full sun from sunup till around 1pm. After that the spot is shaded by the house. I've read PA doesn't much like the heat and is a water hog and that's the side with the hose.

The other two I'd like to put around my patio. This area gets midday and evening sun. The spot I wanted to put Carding Mill is full blazing sun from about noon till Sundown. Graham Thomas I wanted to put a bit closer to the house so I can run him up a trellis and get a bit of a privacy screen going, there's sun there from around 2 till sundown.

Do these sound like good spots for these particular roses? I've made a few goofs in placement already this year so I'd like to avoid further mistakes. I'm in 7b north of Atlanta if that's important. I know it is kind of late in the year to be planting more and they'll be wee things but I just couldn't help myself, I wanted more. :)

Comments (3)