SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter

Dogs and bumps? Does your dog have/get random bumps that don't go away

My dogs have been getting random "bumps" for like a year or so now. They don't ever go away or get bigger. They just appear and hang out. Bailey has 3 (one on a side, one on a foot, one on a leg). Molly has two- one on front leg, one on inner back leg. Has anyone else experienced this with their dogs?

My dogs are both around 8 (one will be 8 on June 9th, the other turned 8 on Dec 24). I keep taking them to the vet for each bump for a needle biopsy and so far, nothing has come back as a problem (thank goodness!). Bailey did have one removed because we were concerned about it, but it turned out to be nothing (after surgery, anesthesia, stitches, a two week period of not being able to go for walks and having to be lifted up and down off furniture)

My vet in FL last time indicated they were "old age" bumps. I've never heard of this. I hate these bumps because I get paranoid every time it is going to be a mast cell tumor. And then I watch the bumps obsessively to see if they grow or change or something. I don't want to google because that is scary because all that comes up is horror stories- so I am curious if anyone else's dogs just started getting mystery bumps at around age 8 or older...

Molly's one bump on her front leg seems like hers may have grown a little (she's had it since Oct)... I would take her to the vet but my PA vet doesn't believe in needle biopsies as a diagnostic tool (is this weird?) and would thus either suggest getting it off or tell me to leave it alone and I don't need to go to a vet for that.

Comments (10)