SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoerosehill

Juniper Disease?

Donna R zone 6a
8 years ago

My son has 5 tall, narrow, approx. 20 ft junipers which the previous owners plants in strategic positions to keep the neighbors from seeing the pool. My son had a local nurseryman come out to give him an estimate on redoing some grass in his back yard, and the man mentioned that the spruce had a disease and he would get back to us with what to use on them. He finally called back when I wasn't home, and left a message with my husband that we should use a broad spectrum fungicide on the junipers. I googled juniper with this info, and I am assuming that these have juniper tip blight. Is that a fair assumption, or could it be something other? The bottoms of these plants have pretty much turned brown, and the tops and sides further up the plant look green. A little brown can be seen among the green, further up the tree, but it is very little.

I don't want to call this man back and badger him any further about this- as my son has decided not to do the yard work he requested an estimate for. So I really don't know what is wrong with these trees. If a photo would be helpful, I could go tomorrow and take one to upload here. I could also take a few branches into a nursery here, but you are at the mercy of whoever they have working. So many people in retail these days have no idea of what they are talking about.

Tonight, I put a systemic Bonide fungicide solution at the base of all affected trees- about 6 gallons on each tree. If any spraying needs to be done, we will have to do it soon, as his pool will be uncovered and opened in the next few weeks. Basically, I am blind to what is going on with these trees. This could prove to be a very costly road ahead, as I already spent $20 on the Bonide systemic. I have a couple of other products ordered on Amazon, which will be coming next week:

Bonide 148 Infuse System Fungicide, Pint

Bonide 60514 Granular Fungicide, 7.5-Pound

I have no idea if I have ordered the right products.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH