SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim

Moving to New Home soon -- quite nervous, is this normal??

carsonheim
8 years ago

Hi everyone! Wow, it's been about THREE years since we started this journey -- finding land, getting design for home and finally building the home. We have just started moving a few of our possessions into the house and will be moving in fully over the next couple of weeks.

I have a pit in my stomach. I had no idea I'd feel this way, I thought I'd feel elated, but I'm actually feeling so nervous and unsettled.

I've moved a zillion times in the past, just never to a new build that I've done. As an owner-builder I've managed the whole project. It hasn't been easy. There have been many mistakes by both contractors and myself. There will be one lawsuit to file after the move, as well as a couple of charge-backs against some crappy vendors.

Has anyone else experienced this? Rather than feeling happy and excited, actually feeling sick and uncertain???

Once we get in I hope to find that the whole experience was worth it. The house is beautiful and the lot we purchased is just awesome as well.

I'll be sure to post photos soon as well -- some of you old-timers who have been around since I started this will be happy to see how everything turned out.

Thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County