SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshinebub

finally got our land, no house though, nervous, anyone done this

sunshinebub
15 years ago

I am a regular lurker here, sometimes poster on other forums, so hi to everyone. My hubby and three kids (3, 5 and 7) have been looking to buy acreage for 18 mths and have finally purchased our dream! 74 acres, only 7 kms from a lovely country town, already with inground pool, tennis court and the house is up to floor level stage. We have beautiful views of the mountains and the water.

Our home here is going to Auction this week so all is happening so fast, we are excited, and scared at the same time. We will more than likely live on the property in some temporary, small lol accomodation (fitted out sheds that the previous owners have been living in) until the house is finished. We are going to owner/build.

What I wanted to ask of you, has anyone done similiar to this ie lived on site, in small, not very comfortable lol accomodation whilst building their home? Also, anyone who has not lived out of town, found the transition difficult from living in suburbia?

It will probably be 12 months or more until we are in our new house, but we have vision and determination. Would love to hear from anyone who has been through this. Cheers and thanks you!

Comments (10)