SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jack_hamm66

Pope John Paul II

Verdi Guy
8 years ago

Here are some shots of my baby Pope John Paul II which I purchased at Nelson's Florida Roses in Apopka back at the first of February. It is growing on the balcony rail at my apartment. It think it must like the all day sun and wind from the air conditioners below as it is lush and green. According to the salesperson Jean, their stock was newly grafted and was not ready and would not be so until Mother's Day, but I convinced him that I knew enough about rose growing to take it and grow it on successfully. Ha, ha!

As a newly grafted rose (which I had never seen) the rootstock was no bigger than a pencil and I worried that it might come apart, but so far so good. It is about as big as my index finger now.

I like this rose. This is the third flush and each time the number of blooms is amazing. Started with 4, then 9, and now 19. It is the cleanest rose I have and I've not re-potted it. It is still in "Nelson's signature blue pot." It's celebrated fragrance is delightful but hit or miss in some blooms and it is definitely not in the Chrysler Imperial fragrance league or Mr. Lincoln, but I adore it for what it is: A most elegant white rose.

Jack

Comments (32)