SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

NSAIDS and heart symptoms

Alisande
8 years ago

About five years ago I took ibuprofen for a couple of weeks because of knee pain around Christmas. I didn't take a lot of it--never more than one tablet each time. When I started getting some scary chest pains, I remembered that ibuprofen and other NSAIDs carry a risk of heart attack and stroke, so I stopped taking it.

So here I am five years later with wicked pain in my sacroiliac joint and hip. I remembered my experience with ibuprofen the last time, but hoped maybe the chest pains I experienced then were a one-shot deal, maybe a coincidence even, so I got out the ibuprofen. I took it on and off for a couple of weeks before discovering that my bottle was two years past expiration.

During a bad episode this week, I bought a new bottle and took two tablets in the pharmacy parking lot. That evening, I experienced the chest pains again. No more ibuprofen for me.

I swear, if there's a way to react badly to something, my body will figure out how to do it. I get tachycardia from Aleve, so that's out too.

Have you had a similar experience with any of the NSAIDs?

Comments (16)